Friday, September 18, 2009

Sick days

When I used to get sick as a little girl, I remember my grandmother would make me this gelatinous concoction to make me feel instantly better. She gave my mom jars of this stuff for storage- puffy dehydrated balls that would get boiled in water and turn into mush. To this day I still have no idea what the heck that stuff was (ancient Chinese meth?) but nothing has been able to fix up a flu quite like that.

I had been meaning to blog about SFLX! but early this week I was stricken with a bout of sickness. Unfortunately, dancing from 8pm-2am three days in a row is probably not the best for one's health. One of my two roommates was sick last week, so there was a running joke in our apartment that it was contaminated with Swine Flu.


As you can see, Melanie didn't really stand a chance (except she did, actually).

I hadn't taken a sick day in a while, but it was kindof nice to sleep in bed all day, drink hot things and get behind on classwork. I always thought it would suck to be sick away from home- there would be nobody to take care of me, do my dishes, or feed me but I guess that ended up not being the case. Brendan left me a dozen chocolate muffins on my doorstop, Michael made me chicken noodle soup and Mel put up with my senseless rambling. No ancient Chinese meth necessary. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment