Sunday, September 27, 2009

SCAMPI.

Last night, Michael and I decided to cook up some jumbo prawns that he bought on sale from the butcher. After having tried Alton Brown's Scampi v 1.0 we figured we ought to try Scampi v 2.0 from the same book. This book is awesome by the way, especially for anyone scientifically minded. I think that the taste and texture of 1.0 is definitely better than 2.0 but 2.0 took about half the time and was still ridiculously delicious. We paired the shrimp with rice and a steamed broccoli and cauliflower dish cooked with panko crumbs and hardboiled egg. It's another Alton Brown recipe, and though I was skeptical at first (hard boiled egg, really?) it is also fantastic. All together it only took about an hour to cook, and even less time to devour.

SCAMPI.
Does that not make your mouth water?

We walked it off on our stroll to YOGURTLAND, where we promptly stuffed ourselves again (I should add that Mike usually eats twice as much as I do, so actually he was still hungry). Having the new Yogurtland near campus has exponentially increased my yogurt intake, and I am a little worried for my health about the new Yogurtland opening less than a block from Mike's place... well, just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment