Saturday, September 5, 2009

Haircuts and Things That Are Orange

Yesterday I finally cut my hair for a long-overdue hair donation. Back in high school I used to run the hair drive for Locks of Love, an amazing organization that makes hair prostheses for financially disadvantaged kids suffering from hair loss. This cut is by Katie at The Shampoo Lounge, one of the generous stylists who takes a day off every year to volunteer at the drive. This is my fourth donation to the organization, but definitely not the last.

After!
I definitely prefer having my hair short like this, even though it means no cute 40's dos.

Now for things that are orange...
Today I pulled out this beautiful orange and yellow fabric that my friend Kelly's grandmother gave to me a while back. At first I was going to make a bright and borderline obnoxious pencil skirt but the fabric wanted to be an apron instead. I needed an apron for my new kitchen, so I guess it worked out.

Sundress & Apron

Feeling a Little Domestic
And it has pockets!
Underneath is a dress that I also made this weekend. I loved the bodice detail and such and such but none of it is really visible since the print is so busy.

To end on a completely different note, I am SO excited for SFLX!

4 comments:

  1. That is adorable to an absurd degree. All of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GINA I AM YOUR #1 FAN. that apron is so unbelievably adorable i could die. triple thumbs up for cute pockets -- yes!! can't wait to see your new hair, too! it looks fabulous! i didn't realize you were donating this time around -- it's so short but so CUTE! see you soon!!! <3 <3

    esther!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina!
    I just found your blog, and it's so amazing!

    I just love dresses (and aprons) with pockets!

    ReplyDelete