Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Little Bit of Pre-Semester Crafting

Up until yesterday, the white walls of my bedroom were positively bare and somehow I managed to wait until two days before semester starts to do anything about it. Since I was a kid, my walls have been covered with posters upon posters- first, *Nsync and puppies and later Beatles and anime. Now that I'm sort of an adult though, I feel that I've outgrown the whole idea of posters and that I need something a little cleaner.

Bulletin Board Before
So, I had this debacle about what to do and was walking with Esther to Berkeley Bowl when I saw on the sidewalk a poster (lo and behold) on foamboard. I thought it would be cute covered it in pretty fabric to make a bulletin board for my new room, and that is exactly what I did.

Bulletin Board After
By the way, I'm actually not as mature as I made it seem earlier in the post. I love bright warm colors, if you haven't noticed, especially orange and yellow. I do feel a little classier now that everything is neatly arranged in coordinating boards.

Bulletin Board After After

2 comments:

  1. i don't just "like," i loove!!! <3! :D! project wall decor -- SUCCESS!!!

    esther!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang I want one for my room too!! You are wayyy too talented ;)

    ReplyDelete